Following a recent news story regarding a report carried out by scientists at Plymouth University that found high levels of toxic metals in many of the paints and surface coatings at almost 50 playgrounds; some of which were less than a decade old.
To put any of our customer’s concerns at rest, we are happy to confirm that none of the sites found were Proludic. We adhere to very stringent environmental processes which ensure any paint used is of the highest quality. Our certificate of conformity to paint standards is here: Paint Certification EN 71-3 (please note as we are an International company this certificate is in both French and English).
As well as our certification, we also have a fully fledged environmental policy. Proludic’s environmental policy is a fully-fledged company policy and has been recognised and validated since 2006, with the ISO 14001 certification.
The whole company is committed to reducing our impact on the environment by; avoiding all unnecessary waste (paper, electricity), recycling batteries, ink cartridges, paper, cardboard, etc.
Proludic play equipment provides you with the following guarantees:
- Use of wood obtained from eco-managed forests
- Manufacturing with 100% recyclable materials
- Colouring processes using solvent-free paints and pigmented resins that are free from lead
- Manufacturing processes that involve minimum VOC discharge levels
- A waste management system that seeks to upcycle over 95% of waste product
- Packaging that is designed to rationalise transport costs and combat pollution
- Involvement of the whole company in a sustainable development proceedure
If you would like to discuss anything further, please don’t hesitate to contact us or call 0115 982 3980.