Working with the leisure sector is always exciting. We love designing play areas that ensure maximum Return on Investment (ROI) and increase revenue and spend across the whole site.
Through our BALPPA membership we were excited to learn more about the Tourism Sector Deal which has just been released by the government. It sets out some exciting plans for the UK to help increase and maintain tourism visitor numbers.
Currently the UK attracts 38 million International visitors, who add £23 billion to the economy, making tourism one of our largest and most important industries. Current statistics estimate the sector will deliver a 23% increase in visitors by 2025.
Some of the key takeaways from the report are:
- Ensuring the UK will become the most accessible tourism destination in Europe by 2025 and increasing the number of international disabled visitors by 33 per cent.
- Creating a new independent Tourism Data Hub with support from some of our biggest travel companies. This will allow organisations, including SMEs, to make the most of the big data revolution to understand activity and product preferences in their area – and better tailor their services as a result.
- The sector is committing to deliver 30,000 apprenticeships per year, in England, by 2025 as well as leading a mentoring programme aimed at supporting 10,000 employees so that they are more likely to remain in the sector.
- Continuing to be Europe’s leading hub for hotel investment for the next decade with over 130,000 additional bedrooms added to accommodation stock by 2025, with 75 per cent of these outside of London.
- Introducing Tourism Zones, bringing businesses and local organisations together to establish a coordinated strategy for growth in their local visitor economy and a reduction in the impact of seasonality.
As one of the leading outdoor play and sport companies to the leisure sector – we fully appreciate the impact high quality outdoor facilities have on increasing visitors to your site and also their dwell time while on site. To find out more about this please download our leisure sector bulletin here.
The report also states that between the years of 2006-2017 around a third of inbound visitors to the UK wanted to visit parks or gardens which amounts to £2.2 billion of tourism spend. Incorporating these experiences into your attraction whether it be a holiday park, theme park, zoo or garden centre can only enhance your offer and further benefit your business. As an added extra all of our play areas are designed with accessibility in mind (a key improvement needed) so children and families of all ages and abilities can enjoy the facilities.
To get a FREE quote and design from Proludic please call 0115 982 3980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org