Article published on 19 June 2017
I am really pleased to announce the 15th year birthday celebration of Proludic Ltd. Established in the UK in 2002 – we have grown to become one of the biggest play and sports manufacturers in the UK.
To give you some background on where we were in the UK back in 2002: Tony Blair was Prime Minister, Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her diamond jubilee and Arsenal were still a force to be reckoned with in the football premiership. Times have definitely changed…
Amongst all this Proludic Ltd was born as the UK subsidiary to Proludic: a French company based in Vouvray, established in 1988 and known for innovative and groundbreaking play equipment products.
Since then there has been no turning back and the company has gone from strength to strength.
- Installing over 2,000 play sites and 693 sport sites – improving community spaces
- Moving offices twice (Pump House to Play Hub) – due to continuous growth and development
- Having had over the years 115 employees – demonstrating our staff retention is excellent
We even had a few firsts too for the UK play industry:
- Launching the first dynamic play and sports equipment range in 2005 revolutionised the design of play equipment and gave birth to the Skysurf, Rodeoboard and Aeroskate products (amongst many others)
- Installing the 1st Playbuilder site in the UK in Higher Holway and the largest destination park worth over £500,000 in Withy Grove
- The first company in the UK to use a hydraulic piston in their outdoor gym offer which allows users variable resistance on their exercise programmes
Rob Baker, Managing Director of Proludic Ltd comments:
“We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our employees (past and present), clients, partners and the French head office for making the journey over this time so enjoyable and successful. It’s fair to say the staff has had just as much fun working for Proludic as the children who play on our equipment. We are all big kids at heart!”
With that in mind, we really had no choice but to honour this great event with a Robin Hood themed event at Rufford Country Park in Nottinghamshire, where the staff split into 5 teams and competed in 5 activities: archery, clay pigeon shooting, axe throwing (yikes), castle rebuilding and storm the castle game. A mixture of physical activity, skill and strategy – what could go wrong!
Article published on 12 December 2022
Santa Claus is coming to town! Well, on this occasion it was a play area in Strelley, a suburb of Nottingham! Much to the delight of the children who attended the opening of this new Proludic children’s play area, Santa decided to make an early stop on his rounds! Upon his arrival, Santa tethered his...
Article published on 28 November 2022
Farnsfield Parish Council, based in North Nottinghamshire, released a tender to deliver the refurbishment of the existing toddler play area and a new junior play area at Hadleigh recreational park. The site had to be designed to include play equipment that catered to the needs of the wider community and be accessible to all children...